Friday, June 6, 2014

The Four Letter Word: BLOG

I am constantly being asked when am I going to write a book. Those questions and comments always make me smile. Mostly, because I am laughing on the inside. Sure, it's sweet and even adorable when loved ones feel you have a special gift. But... A Book?? "Who in the world wants to read my thoughts?" "A book is like, really long." "Living with ADHD, I rarely finish the books I buy to read myself." "Only famous people write books." "That's a lot of paper." "My dog might eat it." "Wait, what are we talking about?" You get the picture. A few people mentioned I should do this thing called "blogging". BLAH-ggg??? The week I had more random people suggest I start a blog than the number of days of that week, I was convinced. "OK GOD!! I hear you!! It has taken more than two weeks to figure some of this "blog" stuff out. I STILL have no idea what I am doing. They say not to judge a book by it's cover. My hope is that you don't judge "this Blog by the page". I'm learning. This is my very own "work in progress". Several years ago a very wise woman told me that one day, I would be able to use my life struggles for God, and that my past will lead others to HIM. I am no saint. I'm a sinner saved by God's amazing grace. I've been held in the arms of my savior. I've ran and even hidden as far as I could from my savior. And like the Prodigal Son, I've always been welcomed home with the loving, forgiving, open arms of my savior. And every morning I pray to become more and more like my savior. My purpose for "blogging" is to encourage others, allow you to laugh at my expense (spend one day in my world, and you will be given the biggest belly laugh), and to put into words my thoughts at night when I am un-winding from a long stressful day. This is me: I'm a daughter. I'm a grand daughter, I'm a sister. I'm a friend. I'm an aunt to 3 precious miracles. I'm a coach. I've made mistakes. I've learned. A LOT. I've celebrated many victories. I've suffered and endured many struggles. Through it all, I've been loved. I will gladly use my victories, struggles, and mistakes to encourage, prevent, and relate to others. I AM BEAUTIFULLY BROKEN. "Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weakness, So that the power of Christ may work through me. Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For When I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment