Sunday, August 24, 2014

Every Trial Has A Purpose

I woke up this morning AND I was pumped, excited, and even a little anxious! Don't get me wrong- I love worshipping on Sunday Mornings. But today was different. My brother was going to share his testimony about how God has used my nieces to glorify his kingdom. Did I need to see my brother on stage speaking to hundreds, if not a thousand proving God's almighty power? No. I see it every time I'm with my precious miracle nieces. But, did I need to be reminded that every trial in this life serves a purpose?? YES!! And I had no idea that a testimony from my brother, one that I have been a part of and first hand experienced would remind and make me so aware of God's promises! 

     "Everyone is either in the middle of a trial, coming out of one, or about to go through one". If I am going to be completely honest, I am stuck right in the middle of one (at least I thought I was) right now, finally crawling out of another trial (Hooray), and after today, ready to dive face first on my knees to the next! It's coming. And I'm prepared! For those that have known me a while, you know I've experienced "my share of trials". Everyone who is reading this has, some just not as transparent as others. It took some time, but I have said for a while now that I am thankful for all of it! God has made me a new person, given me a heart for things my eyes never would have been opened to before, and has humbled me to the point of using my shame, guilt, and experiences to love on more of his "kids" than I ever would have before! I'm thankful for past trials. The ones I face everyday, not so much... 

     I knew today was going to be special. I thought because my brother being on stage sharing the amazing things God has done for my family, was going to be why. It was. But there was more... 

     I showed up late this morning (as usual) and before I was able to put my purse and bible down to sing and praise, one of my gymnast was standing beside me telling me she had saved me a seat. I hugged and thanked her while I explained my family came to hear my brother today, but next time I would love to sit with her. (Don't worry, Jesus smacked me in the head) It took less than a minute for me to realize how precious and special it was that my gymnast wanted to worship with ME and what an amazing opportunity that was! I looked around and finally found her! I spent the first part of worship right beside her singing and praising!

     I made my way back to my seat and listened to my brother share his and Abby's (my sister in law) story. I was sitting next to that faithful servant who has endured every struggle with grace and obedience. I looked around and saw my family who has been there through day one, praying, supporting, and always helping to carry the burdens of my loved ones. I cried. If that would have been a stranger on stage, I still would have cried. What an awesome testimony from someone who just so happened to be my brother!! Wow!! It was awesome!!! 

     And then, the icing on the cake: The band started the closing song, Finding Favour "Say Amen". A "past gym mom" (I coached her daughter 15 years ago) sent that song to me after reading a blog I wrote a few months ago. We both talked about how awesome it would be if my brother sang the song in church. That song has become my favorite, and this morning while the band was closing, they sang it! I saw that "gym mama"on the second row and I ran to her! I'm not one to be in the "front row", but I didn't care! I didn't walk. I didn't think. I ran. And when I did, her daughter, my past gymnast was there. We hugged, we sang, and tears were flowing. 

     Every trial does have a purpose. I've seen my share. I have never been through one alone, even if I thought I was at times. Today, I was reminded of my purpose, thankful for storms that have opened my eyes, and thankful for the unconditional love God has blessed me with! My heart is full, climbing to the mountaintop, stuck in the valley, and even when I fall off the cliff! I am blessed through it all!! 

           

No comments:

Post a Comment